Brent Run Landfill

Residents can sign up for the Brent Run text alert program at their website: or by texting brentrun to 91096. They do not text often, usually one time per month on average, or it could be more depending on the weather. The texts help inform residents of early closures, Saturday hours or safety notices. You can opt out anytime.

Frequently Asked Questions about Brent Run Landfill

What items can I take to Brent Run Landfill? Normal household garbage, Non-hazardous commercial waste, farm or agricultural waste, municipal solid waste, construction debris, concrete  and asphalt, yard waste, tree branches, non-putresible dry waste, clean fill - soil, dead animals, non-hazardous industrial waste, waste water treatment plant sludge, industrial sludges, industrial powders, contaminated soil, treated lumber. 

Do you have something that isn’t listed here? Did you know that many items are recyclable? Check out, you can enter what items you may have and your zip code and find out alternatives for your special waste including drop off sites and recyclers.

What about Special Waste? No tires, E-Waste, White Goods, Batteries.

Montrose Township Office has a battery-recycling container ~ Residents are welcome to drop-off batteries at the Township Office at  11444 N. Seymour Road, Montrose, MI 48457.

Mobile Homes $700.00, Boats and Campers $70.00 each, Pull off $20.00, Freon Appliances $50.00, Tires $10.00 each and must be off their rims.

What are the hours I can visit the landfill?  7 a.m. - 3 p.m. Monday-Friday

What are Brent Run Landfill’s prices? We charge $32.00/ton as of January 1, 2011, with a minimum charge of $50.00. All loads are weighed in and out. Under five yards will dump in public dumpsters. Over five yards and all dump trailers will go up to the Landfill.

Residents of Montrose Township may dispose of up to 1,000 lbs of regular household trash, Freon-free appliances, compost or small home demolition projects free of charge. This requires a  landfill permit available at the Township office. The resident must be the one to bring in the waste and may be required to show identification.

Does my load have to be covered and/or tarped? YES, ALL loads must be covered/tarped and/or secured in such a manner that no waste or debris can fly out, fall out or become airborne in anyway. Uncovered/unsecured loads will be charged double, no exceptions.

Can I come out to the landfill and salvage or pick through the trash? No. Salvaging or “picking” is not allowed at the landfill.

Can I bring my old paint, chemicals and/or cleaning supplies to the landfill? No, these items must go to a chemical waste disposal facility. Please use the Web Site to find drop-off locations.

What if I need to get rid of asbestos/chemically contaminated soil and/or other contaminated material?  With proper documentation, we can accept some of these types of items. Please call the landfill at 639-3077 and we will provide you information and instruction for disposing of “special waste.”